When I was growing up we had a weekly tradition that we called "Closure". It would take place on sunday and sort of finish off the week. What is closure? well, all 11 of us (a blended family) would gather in the living room after dinner on sunday. One by one each person was encuraged to share something they learned either that day in church, sometime over the last week, or even just their lifetime. Only if you wanted to. Once you were done, sharing would be passed to the next person. This was not a time to correct, debate, or lecture. It was simply a time to share what you had learned. Some times they were very brief, even one word. Partly because with that many teenagers you should know at least a few want to hurry up and get on with it, and also because thats just how some did it. Others would share longer thoughts.




I would like this to be a place where Closure can take place. Please share Something you have learned. If you are not an auther on the blog, but wish to share, just post what you have learned as a comment on my last post.

-Tali

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

One for Mary :-)

Here is my closer thought: Heavenly Father NEVER gives us more then we can handle. Is that short enough to count as one of yours Mares?

5 comments:

king bacon2 said...

Yes! :) I just have to learn to handle what he gives me. :)

Tali said...

ha ha to both of you! and me too mary.

Halley Amor said...

Just read D&C 82:3
For of him unto whom much is given much is required.

Guess if we have a lot on our plates we should be grateful for all we have to do.

Amelia said...

I actually prefer to say that Heavenly Father does give us more than we can handle... by ourselves. With God, however, all things are possible.

Halley Amor said...

Can I like your comment Ames?